Blogroll Posts checks links in your blogroll categories you select for RSS feeds to display the latest post(s) in your blogroll rather than just a list of websites. Feed data is cached and automatically updated in the background to avoid slowing down your site.
Stop showing the same old boring blogroll links and start showing off the latest content with Blogroll Posts.
- Auto-discovers RSS feeds if not specified in link details
- Caches discovered feeds
- Caches latest posts using WordPress built-in cache
- Auto-updating on timed schedule using WordPress cron, avoiding lag on page load
- Customize output with template
- Fallback to standard blogroll display (with template)
- Upload `blogroll-posts` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin in the Settings > Blogroll Posts menu screen
get_blogrollPosts()in your theme to output posts
- Blogroll Posts has been tested on WordPress 2.9+. Earlier versions may work, but are unsupported.
- CURL library installed and accessible via PHP
- PHP 5 running on your server
get_blogrollPosts( $options, $output )
- options (array) – override control panel settings
- output (boolean) – echo output if true, return if false [default:true]
|errors||boolean||false||Output errors for debugging purposes.|
|categories||string||n/a||Limit to these link categories. Accepts comma separated list. Note: all categories requested manually MUST be included in the settings admin page or their posts will not be cached.|
|max_output||integer||2||The total number of posts you’d like to output.|
What kind of posts are you looking for? A random sampling, the newest posts, or an even split between the two?
|max_each||integer||1||Maximum number of posts per blog in results.|
How you’d like to order the posts in your result set.
|before_list||string||<ul>||HTML to print before the list.|
|html_template||string||**||HTML to print for each blog post.|
|fallback_template||string||**||HTML to print in event no posts could be found (failsafe mode).|
|after_list||string||</ul>||HTML to print after the list.|
If you’d like to group posts together, specify a field to group based on, or ‘none’ to disable grouping. If ‘date’ is specified as the grouping, please note it only takes in to account the date, the time is ignored.
Sort groups, posts inside group will sort by sort_order.
If group_sort is ascending or descending, this is the field to sort on.
|max_groups||integer||0||Limit output to a specified number of groups, use max_each to control the number of posts per group.|
|before_group||string||<li><ul>||HTML to print before the group.|
|before_list||string||</ul></li>||HTML to print after the group.|
Blogroll Posts Plugin 1.1.3
Last updated: 2010-04-10
= 1.1.3 = April 9, 2010
- Check for redirected RSS feeds when caching RSS URL and when fetching posts fails
- Option to reset RSS feed link cache and re-discover links
= 1.1.2 = March 31, 2010
- Updates to conform to WordPress Coding Standards
= 1.1.1 = March 30, 2010
- Can now use template fields in before_list and after_list
- Added ‘published’ as recognized date field in RSS feed
= 1.1.0 = March 29, 2010
- Ability to group posts together
- Sort groups by specific field
= 1.0.0 = March 28, 2010
- Initial release.